After obtaining the private pilot license, the next step is to obtain your Night Rating. The Night Rating course allows the pilot to fly in visual weather conditions and at night.
This phase is projected to last 4 weeks (1 month) but weather, student progress and other factors can affect the duration.
- A valid Private Pilot License
- At least 5 hours of Ground School
- Pass a SACAA online exam
- At least 5 hours instrument flying in an aircraft, including a night cross country flight and at least 5 take-offs and landings by night
- Practical flight and navigational skill test
- 5 hours instrument flying in the simulator
Our Graduates Fly For
First class flight academy since 2010
Call: +27 (11) 743-3012
What’s your next course?
You can progress your flying career with us – we provide training in all the courses you need to move your career forward from PPL to ATPL phase.