Most employment opportunities require experience on multi-engine aircraft; the Commercial Pilot License (CLP) preparation can overlap with an initial Multi-Engine Rating preparation.
A full-time student should complete the course in 3 to 4 weeks.
- The initial multi-engine conversion must be done with a suitably rated multi-rated instructor
- Ground School lectures totalling at least 4 hours will include theoretical flying technique and multi-engine phraseology
- An Aircraft Technical will be completed before flying commences
- A multi-engine quiz must be completed prior to the commencement of training
- A minimum of 7 hours towards a conversion on the multi-engine aircraft, 2 hours can be done on a simulator
- 20 hours of Instrument Training, of which 5 hours can be done on a simulator, 5 hours on a single engine aircraft and 10 hours on a multi-engine aircraft
Our Graduates Fly For
First class flight academy since 2010
Call: +27 (11) 743-3012
What’s your next course?
You can progress your flying career with us – we provide training in all the courses you need to move your career forward from PPL to ATPL phase.