An Instrument Rating will equip a Pilot with the ability to control the aircraft attitude and performance, with sole reference to instruments and radio aids. You may obtain your instrument rating as a PPL or CPL holder.
This phase is projected to last a period of 8 weeks (2 months).
- Valid Private Pilot License or Commercial Pilot License
- Valid Night Rating
- Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Total of 200 hours of flight time (CPL)
- Total of 250 hours of total flight time with 100 hours pilot in command (PPL)
- 20 hours instrument flying in an aircraft
- 20 hours instrument flying in a simulator
- 50 hours cross country as pilot in command
- Pass a practical skills flight test with a Designated Flight Examiner
Our Graduates Fly For
First class flight academy since 2010
Call: +27 (11) 743-3012
What’s your next course?
You can progress your flying career with us – we provide training in all the courses you need to move your career forward from PPL to ATPL phase.